Working with regions using CodeRush
February 6th, 2011
If you heavily use region directives in CSharp, Visual Basic, or C++, the following CodeRush features may help you to make it easier to work with them:
- Surround members such as methods, properties and events by a single shortcut (Ctrl+3) into region directives.
- Generate region directives with a few keystrokes using the Code Templates engine.
- Remove region directives using a code provider, which removes the two lines of region directives in a single step.
- Move any members into existing or your favorite regions using a single mouse click.
- Toggle regions outlining by the single Space key when you are at region directive.
- Change the collapsed state of the currently active region when the you are anywhere inside of a region using a single keystroke.
- Region directives are automatically painted in a different way than Visual Studio, to reduce the visual noise associated with these them when the region is expanded. Collapsed regions are also painted in a different color, according to your preference, to help you focus on the code instead of insignificant stuff.