Navigation – Click Identifier
Click Identifier allows you to navigate to the declaration of the identifier under the mouse cursor by a single mouse left click when the CTRL key is held down. If the declaration is located inside your source code, the source file will be opened and the text caret will move to that declaration. Otherwise, the metadata for the target declaration will be shown (e.g. for “System.Double”).
Click Identifier feature can show a preview hint of the declaration when you hover over an identifier with the mouse pointer (while holding down the CTRL key) and drop a marker at the source location before navigating to it.
By default, this feature is disabled. To enable it, follow these steps to get to the Click Identifier options page:
- From the DevExpress menu, select “Options…” to open the Options Dialog.
- In the tree view on the left, navigate to this folder: “Editor\Navigation”
- Select the “Click Identifier” options page.
- Check the “Enabled” checkbox.
There are also a few additional options available:
- Color of the line, which underlines the identifier under the mouse pointer
- Drop a marker at the source location before navigation is made
- Show target declaration preview hint.