How to add an Open Office dictionary for the Spell Checker
Note, this article has been moved to the official DevExpress Support Center site. Please refer to the moved article as it might have further updates or additional comments. Thank you.
Follow these steps if you’d like to add a dictionary with a language other than English (United States) to the CodeRush Spell Checker:
1. Download the required spelling dictionary from the openoffice.org (e.g. English (Canada)).
2. Create a new folder (e.g., “En-CA”) for your new dictionary. You can create it under the folder where default Spell Checker dictionaries are stored, for example:
“C:\Program Files\DevExpress 2010.1\IDETools\System\CodeRush\BIN\PLUGINS\Dictionaries\En-Ca”
3. Extract the archive file (.zip) you downloaded in step #1 to the folder you created in step #2.
5. In the tree view on the left, navigate to the “Editor” folder.
6. Select the “Spell Checker” options page:
7. At the bottom of the options page, enter the Dictionary name (e.g., “En-CA”).
8. Choose the “Open Office” dictionary type in the corresponding combo box.
9. Click the Add button.
10. In the Dictionaries list, select the newly added dictionary.
11. Specify the path to the downloaded dictionary in the DictionaryPath field.
12. Specify the path to the grammar file (.aff) in the GrammarPath field.
13. Specify the Culture in the Options section on top of the options page.
14. Click OK to apply your new dictionary and close the Options Dialog.
Now, the Spell Checker should use the new language dictionary to check spelling inside the code editor. You can change additional settings later, if required.—– Products: DXCore Versions: 10.1 and up VS IDEs: any Updated: Aug/22/2012 ID: C030