How to show the DevExpress menu if it is not visible
Note, this article has been moved to the official DevExpress Support Center site. Please refer to the moved article as it might have further updates or additional comments. Thank you.
If you are using one of the free IDE tools products (such as Coderush Xpress), then your DevExpress menu may be not visible inside your Visual Studio IDE. This is a Microsoft requirement to hide this menu in products that are endorsed by them. In order to acquire access to this menu, you’ll need to edit your registry.
Follow these steps to make DevExpress menu visible:
1) Invoke the Registry editor (regedit.exe)
2) Navigate to the following registry key:
For 32-bit OS:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Developer Express\CodeRush for VS\%YourIDEToolsVersion%
For 64-bit OS:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Developer Express\CodeRush for VS\%YourIDEToolsVersion%
where %YourIDEToolsVersion% is the version of the IDE Tools you have installed, for example, “11.2“.
Note: if the key doesn’t exist in your System, you need to create one.
3) Add (or change) the “HideMenu” DWORD value to the registry key above and set its Value to 0 (zero).
This should make the “DevExpress” menu visible. If you have any difficulties while making it work, you’re always welcome to contact Support Services for assistance.—– Products: CodeRush Xpress Versions: all VS IDEs: any Updated: Oct/31/2012 ID: T023
- How to completely uninstall IDE tools (CodeRush and/or Refactor!)
- How to temporally disable IDE tools (load manually)
- How to disable support for specific languages in CodeRush
- Where IDE Tools (CodeRush and/or Refactor!) settings are stored
- How do I know if I have the latest version of IDE Tools installed